I hope everyone had a great week! I felt like I got a lot done and even managed to be social. I’ve become one of those people who juggles play dates. Like multiple ones. Who am I?
It’s graduation weekend here, and it has me feeling really nostalgic and missing my job and former students. *tear* I’m raising a glass to you all! Cheers and congratulations to the class of 2016!
What I drank: We finally broke out one of these beauties. Been saving it for a while!
What I Ate:
- Brown Sugar Oatmeal Cookies adapted from The Pioneer Woman: I used whole wheat flour and all-purpose and tossed in some chocolate chips.
- Curried Chicken Salad with Grapes and Cashews from Simply Scratch
- Last Week Tonight: John Oliver forgives 14 million bucks in medical debt! Take that, Oprah. Watch on HBO or here’s the whole clip via YouTube.
- UnReal: Quinn and Rachel are back. Watch it on Lifetime.
- The Americans: OMG the finale. This was a really interesting season! Keri Russell is amazing, truly, and I don’t know why she’s never been nominated for anything. Actually, this show is really better than most of the shows getting nominated for stuff. Take that. It’s on FX, but the season just ended so find it on Amazon Prime.
- The History Chicks: Thanks to Mouth Half Full’s Cassie for the podcast rec last week. I’ve already listened to Madam C.J. Walker, Dorothy Parker Pt 1 & Pt 2, and Josephine Baker Pt 1.
From the Internet: [Note that before the last two links there is a trigger warning.]
- The house that gobsmacked the Vintage Las Vegas historic home tour from Retro Renovation
- 12 Things You Don’t Have to Give Up to Save Money from The Everygirl
- Why Looking ‘Professional’ Is So Much More Expensive for Women from The Bold Italic
- What Your Weekend Needs Is a Do Nothing Day from The (Reformed) Idealist Mom
[Trigger Warning: the following are links to material about rape, rape culture, sexual assault, sexual violence]
- Here Is The Powerful Letter The Stanford Victim Read Aloud To Her Attacker from BuzzFeed
- Rapists Don’t Just Live in Dark Alleys by Bitchy But Bubbly