Happy one month blogiversary to me! Time really does fly…
I’m going to try and post links and lists and such on Fridays. Enjoy! Holler at me in comments if you want to recommend something for me to check out.
What I read this week:
- Mexican Food in Scandinavia from Lucky Peach
- The History of Pho from Lucky Peach
- An Open Letter to Myself as a Beginner Blogger from Daniela Uslan
- What Comes First, the Brand or the Audience from Daniela Uslan
- Building a Brand tutorial from Canva
- How I Broke Up with My Stuff from Little Bits of Granola
- A review of Jasmin de Nuit from This Side of Perfume
- A recipe for Chocolate Swirl Banana Bread from Mouth Half Full
What I watched this week:
- Love It or List It, Too: Streaming it on Netflix. Not as profesh as the original, imho. Nowhere near as good as the UK’s Kirstie & Phil’s Love It or List It (my fave).
- Silicon Valley: OMG. A luau at Alcatraz, that’s all I’m going to say.
- Inside Amy Schumer: My favorite segment was It’s Better for the Baby. “My doula’s a sherpa.” Hilarious.
- The Americans: Come on, this is a spoiler-free zone.
What I made this week:
- Cold Brew Coffee adapted from Gimme Me Some Oven & Spoon University: I’m going to perfect a recipe and share it here.
- Peanut Butter Cookies from Gimme Me Some Oven
- Grilled Rack of Lamb with Chimichurri from Lemons & Anchovies: I love love love chimichurri.
I’ve made this chimichurri recipe once before and now there’s no other way I want to eat lamb. This time around I forgot to add the rosemary, but I figured it wasn’t a big deal since the lamb was seasoned with it before grilling.
On the first night we ate this, I paired dinner with Chateau Mourgues du Grès 2012 Costièere de Nimes Galet Rouges. It was Ah-mazing, and a super reasonably priced pick from our wine club at The Winehound. When we ate this for leftovers, my husband picked a 2012 Saracina Anderson Valley Pinot Noir. It really stood up to all the flavors and even tasted great after my son fed me strawberries!