I need to think of a better name for these posts. I’m digging doing “themed” posts. I think this works better for me since I don’t have anything too exciting to report. Last week I included some links about how to be a good guest/how to host, and this week I’m going to share some brunch links! I love brunch so much. It’s probably my favorite meal to host for friends.
- Our local bakery sells bread half price an hour before closing, so my husband picked up Challah bread on a whim. I knew we had to make French toast and host our European friends! Last Sunday I made Challah Bread French Toast adapted from Chowhound. It turned out great, though it took a while to make even with two large cast iron pans on the stove. I do love the directions here for keeping the French Toast warm in the oven though.
- I’ve also made Mini French Toast Bites from Sally’s Baking Addiction with stale baguette before. Nick thought it wasn’t going to turn out because the bread was truly hard and he was just going to toss it out, but I knew it was going to turn our perfect. And it did!
- Next time I have a group over I want to try a new French Toast casserole recipe. Smitten Kitchen just posted a Blueberry Bread & Butter Pudding that looks to die for.
- If you’re looking for a low carb brunch option, you can’t go wrong with Chorizo and Eggs from Simply Recipes. Just looking at this recipe is making me crave it! I never grew up with an actual recipe, but when I put my husband to work it helps if he has something to follow.
- This is my go-to recipe for Crispy Hash Browns from Food on the Food. Skip the bagged frozen hash browns. This could not easier, and nothing beats these golden brown potatoes.
- This recipe even has veggies so you can claim it’s sort of healthy! Salade Lyonnaise from The New York Times is one of my favorites—morning, noon, or night. I also saw that Turntable Kitchen posted their version of a Frisée and Bacon Vinaigrette Salad.
Tomorrow my European friends are inviting us over for brunch! Maria is cooking up some Spanish goodies. I’ll have to report back.
Hope you’re all having a fabulous weekend!