Summer is in full swing. We’ve had a first slew of really hot days, and I’ve pretty much just been a melty pile of goo. Today I decided to forgo an afternoon walk and went in the morning instead. Afterward I took a bath! A BATH. WHAT? I am not generally a bath person, but I have three or four Lush bath bombs sitting in my cabinet and I decided what the hell. So I had a tepid soak with a Blackberry bath bomb. It was so pretty!
I’d say a bath falls squarely within the realm of self-care, but for some more ideas check out my post from yesterday, 5 Things to Do When You’re Really Struggling. It’s part two of my Returning to Work series.
I ended up cooking two of the three things I linked to last Friday (and I posted pics on Instagram!), but other than that it was a very light week in the kitchen for me. Here are some fun recipes that I do want to try soon:
- Watermelon Champagne Slushies from Mouth Half Full: Way to out do yourself, Cassie!
- Nopalitos Cactus Salad from Simply Recipes: I grew up eating this at every summer barbecue! I’m on a mission to make it.
- Breakfast Báhn Mì from Hapa Nom Nom: This would be perfect for brunch!
Traveling and entertaining houseguest is pretty common in summer, so here are some posts you might find useful. (I think I’m a little obsessed with the idea of moving to a bigger house so I can host friends, or maybe I’m just desperate for a vacation? Maybe a little of both.)
- 5 Tips to Get a Perfect Air BNB Guest Review from The Everygirl: By the way, I used Air BNB for most of our Italy trip. Who else has had success with Air BNB?
- 9 Tips to be the Perfect Houseguest from Tickling the Wheat
- How to be the Perfect Dinner Hostess When You’re an Introvert from Creative Savings
- 10 Ways to Prepare Your Home for House Guests from Liz Marie Blog: Here’s my confession: after I pinned this post I was obsessed with getting a glass jar for small toiletries. Last month I was at Ikea and I picked one up and I decided to use it for myself! I love it! I even blogged about it last week.
This week I “enjoyed” The Late Show’s Live coverage of The 2016 Trumpublican Donational Conventrump. Deadline has a collection of my favorite clips.
In other news, I started a Tumblr! It’s also inventedcharm, and the intent is to post nothing but pretty pictures, positivity, cute things, and links to my posts on inventedcharm.com. Follow me there or check it out if you want to fall into a tumblr spiral. As always, you can also pin along with me on Pinterest.
I don’t know guys, it’s bleak if all you do is read Twitter and Facebook and watch the news (like I did this week!). So try to get outside and have a great weekend. Picnic in the park, start a new book, do something kind for yourself.